Drug design mentioned as rational drug design is the creative process of finding new medications based on the knowledge of a biological target. New techniques are continually being developed to enhance productivity of the drug design process. In a survey of currently available market drugs 21000 registered in USA drugs and only1357 were unique. Whereas, 1204 were small molecule drugs and 166 were biological agents. In structure based drug design, it based on the knowledge of drugs three-dimensional structure and how its shape and charge cause it to interact with its biological target, ultimately elucidating a medical effect.
- Track 1-1 Ligand based drug design
- Track 2-2 Structure based drug design
- Track 3-3 Molecular docking
- Track 4-4 Protein ligand binding
- Track 5-5 Rational drug design
- Track 6-6 Clinical trials and development