Herbal drug formulations and evaluations
Herbal formulation defines as a mean dosage form consisting of one or more herbs in specified quantities to provide specific nutritional, cosmetic benefits and used to treat, diagnose, mitigate diseases of human beings. Herbal drugs/herbal formulations are finished labelled products that contain active ingredients such as aerial or underground parts of plant or combinations whether in the crude state or as plant preparations. Herbal preparations are available in different forms including fresh, dried, in tablets, or capsules, or bottled in liquid form. Very rare pharmaceutical companies are involved in drug discovery screening from natural sources.
- Track 1-1 Polyherbal formulation
- Track 2-2 Ayurvedic formulations
- Track 3-3 Quality control of crude drug materials/plant preparations/finished products
- Track 4-4 Herbal formulations development for therapeutic applications
- Track 5-5 Formulation and product development
- Track 6-6 Methods/techniques used for formulations