Pulsus Group with great pride and honour announcing its "4th Edition of International Conference on Drug Delivery and Formulations " which is going to be held in Edinburgh, Scotland,during July 31-August 1,2020. Drug delivery systems Conference is one of the well-established conferences among Pharmaceutical Conferences organized by Pulsus.
Drug delivery 2020 relays on the theme “Emerging Technologies and Scientific Advancements in Drug Delivery and formulation.” Drug delivery suggests that to approach, formulate, and technologies, for transporting a pharmaceutical compound at intervals the body to attain its desired therapeutic impact. It may involve Scientific site-targeting within the body, or it would involve facilitating general pharmacological medicine. It is often approached via a drug's chemical formulation, but it may also involve medical devices or drug-device combination products.
Drug delivery 2020 brings unique platform for scientists, researchers, academicians, biomedical engineers, professors and students to share their knowledge and views also presenting research about trends and advances in drug delivery and formulations. The two days of educational congress include keynote presentations, oral presentations, Workshops, Special Sessions and poster presentations on the advanced techniques as well as papers in all the fields of Pharma.
- Directors, CEO’s of Organizations
- Pharmaceutical corporations
- Medical technology companies
- Biomedical engineers
- Chief Scientific Officers
- Health care professionals
- Associate Professors & Researchers
- Medical universities
- Generic drugs and Biosimilars, Lecturers
- Analysis Associates
Motives to attend:
- Keynote presentation along with interactions to excite the scientific community.
- Workshop and symposiums to reach the large group of participants through the Pharma community.
- A wide range of exhibitors to showcase their new emerging technologies.
- Young Scientist/ Investigators Award/ Speaker Award gear towards the best budding of young research.
- Triumph of Awards, Certificates recognizes the commitment of your profession to encourage the nascent research
- Access to senior-level executives from leading international pharmaceutical & bio-technology companies
- Exposure to new and exciting companies ready for partnerships and licensing opportunities in the U.S., Europe and Asia
- Explore tried and tested routes to improve Bioavailability
- Be inspired by innovative case studies and realize the potential impact on your formulation or delivery processes.
Session 01: Advances in Drug delivery System
Advanced drug delivery systems (DDS) involves inarguable advantages for drug administration. Over the past three decades, new proposals have been recommended for the evolution of novel carriers for drug delivery. General concepts and emerging research in this field based on multidisciplinary proposals aimed at generate customized treatment for a broad range of highly universality diseases (e.g., cancer and diabetes). This review is made of two parts. The first part supply an overview on currently available drug delivery technologies counting a brief history on the development of these systems and some of the research strategies applied. The second part supply information about the most advanced drug delivery devices sing stimuli-responsive polymers.
Session 02:Targeted Drug delivery system
'Targeted drug delivery system is a special form of drug delivery system where the medicament is selectively targeted or delivered only to its site of action or absorption and not to the non-target organs or tissues or cells.' Targeted drug delivery systems have been developed to optimize regenerative techniques. The system is based on a method that delivers a certain amount of a therapeutic agent for a prolonged period of time to a targeted diseased area within the body. This helps maintain the required plasma and tissue drug levels in the body, thereby preventing any damage to the healthy tissue via the drug. The drug delivery system is highly integrated and requires various disciplines, such as chemists, biologists, and engineers, to join forces to optimize this system.
Session 03:Anticancer drug delivery agents
Anticancer agents are typically administered to the patients to kill cancer cells. These drugs work in two ways: by killing the cancer cells through direct exposure to the chemical agent and by inducing apoptosis (suicide of cancer cells). Current treatment strategies for cancer suffer from severe limitations, including nonspecific biodistribution of the chemotherapeutic agent, dose-limiting toxicity, and emerging drug resistance. As a result, novel cancer therapies such as liposomal drug delivery systems have rapidly evolved.
Session 04:Medical devices
Medical devices designed for Drug delivery through the pulmonary and nasal routes. These routes are of interest for local delivery, as in asthma, but also for rapid delivery of drugs to the system circulation and direct delivery to the central nervous system. Devices that account for specific anatomical and physiological features of the intranasal and pulmonary routes will be featured. Drug delivery devices are specialized tools for the delivery of a drug or therapeutic agent via a specific route of administration. Such devices are used as part of one or more medical treatments. Many in the industry have long felt overly burdened by what they consider to be an unnecessarily complex approval process. Critics claim it impedes innovation and delays the availability of better health care.
Session 05:Therapeutic drug carrier systems
Therapeutic uses of a diverse of drug carrier systems have compelling effect on the treatment and possible heal of various chronic diseases, including Alzheimer, parkinsons, diabetes mellitus, cancer , psoriasis, , rheumatoid arthritis, HIV infection, infectious diseases , asthma, and drug addiction. Scientific attempts in these areas a versatile, including the biological, medical, physical, pharmaceutical, biological material, and engineering fields. Drug carrier systems are now as important as the drug itself. Controlled release supply extends delivery of a drug while sustaining its blood concentration within therapeutic limits
Pharmacotherapy can be characterized as the treatment and counteractive action of ailment and ailment by methods for medications of the synthetic or organic root. It positions among essential techniques for therapeutic treatment, together with surgery physical therapy, radiation, and psychotherapy. Although it is practically difficult to appraise the correct degree of the effect of pharmacotherapy on human well-being, there can be almost certain that pharmacotherapy, together with enhanced sanitation, better-eating regimen, and better lodging, has improved individuals. Phenomenal advancements in genomics and atomic science today offer a plenty of new medication targets. The utilization of present-day concoction manufactured strategies empowers the blend of many medication hopefuls in shorter circumstances than at any other time.
Session 07:Novel drug delivery system
Novel Drug delivery System (NDDS) refers to the approaches, formulations, technologies, and systems for transporting a pharmaceutical compound in the body as needed to safely achieve its desired therapeutic effects. NDDS is a system for delivery of drug other than conventional drug delivery system. NDDS is a combination of advance technique and new dosage forms which are far better than conventional dosage forms. Advantages of Novel Drug Delivery System are: Optimum dose at the right time and right location, Efficient use of expensive drugs, excipients and reduction in production cost, Beneficial to patients, better therapy, improved comfort and standard of living
Session 08:Peptides& Protein drug delivery
A peptide hormone is a peptide that acts as a hormone. A proteose is a mixture of peptides produced by the hydrolysis of proteins. The term is somewhat archaic. A peptidergic agent (or drug) is a chemical which functions to directly modulate the peptide systems in the body or brain. Protein and Peptide drug delivery system are the Novel drug Delivery System. Proteins and peptides are the most abundant components of biological cells. They exist functioning such as enzymes, hormones, structural element and immunoglobulin.
Session 09:Nanotechnology& drug carrier system
Nanotechnology and Nanoparticles in Drug Delivery. ... Perhaps the most publicized use of nanotechnology in drug delivery under development is the use of nanoparticles to deliver drugs to cancer cells. Particles are engineered so that they are attracted to diseased cells, which allows direct treatment of those cells. A method to make radiation therapy more effect in fighting prostate cancer is using radioactive gold nanoparticles attached to a molecule that is attracted to prostate Tumor cells. Researchers believe that this method will help For concentrate the radioactive nanoparticles at the cancer Tumor, allowing treatment of the Tumor with minimal damage to healthy tissue.
Session 10:Smart drug delivery Technology
Smart drug delivery is a method of delivering medication to a patient in a manner that increases the concentration of the medication in some parts of the body relative to others. This means of delivery is largely founded on nanomedicine which plans to employ nanoparticle-mediated drug delivery in order to combat the downfalls of conventional drug delivery. These nanoparticles would be loaded with drugs and targeted to specific parts of the body where there is solely diseased tissue, thereby avoiding interaction with healthy tissue. The goal of a target drug delivery system is to prolong, localize, target and have a protected drug interaction with the diseased tissue. The conventional drug delivery system is the absorption of the drug across a biological membrane, whereas the targeted release system releases the drug in a dosage form.
Session 11:Drug Delivery through blood-brain Barrier
Drug delivery to the brain is the process of passing therapeutically active molecules across the blood–brain barrier for the purpose of treating brain maladies. Drug Transport into Brain via Blood–Brain Barrier Carrier-Mediated Transporters. ... Gabapentin is a water-soluble drug that is active in the CNS because the drug crosses the BBB on the large neutral amino-acid transporter,72 which is LAT1.Substances cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) by a variety of mechanisms. These include transmembrane diffusion, saturable transporters, adsorptive endocytosis, and the extracellular pathways. he blood-brain barrier is an important conduit of nutrients and cells from theblood to the brain. It also has an important function in protecting the brain from the entry of harmful substances.
Session 12:Pre-formulation& Formulation aspects
Pre-formulation& formulation aspects which is the process in which different chemical substances i.e., active chemical substances will combined together to produce a medical compound i.e., medical drug. This process involves production of drug which characterized by two things: Stability of the product, second Acceptability to the patient formulation studies focuses on factors like particle size, polymorphism, pH and solubility, in order to check whether these factors will effect on bioavailability of the drug or not. Pharmaceutical Formulations include Ophthalmic Formulation, Paediatric Formulation Development, Topical Formulation and Medication Formulation.
Session 13:Herbal drug formulation
Herbal drug formulations means a dosage form consisting of one or more herbs or processed herbs in specified quantities to provide specific nutritional, cosmetic benefits meant for use to diagnose, treat, mitigate diseases of human beings or animals, alter the structure or physiology of human beings or animals. Herbal formulations contain an active substance or herbal substance or herbal preparation or herbal substance in combination with one or more herbal preparations. Herbal formulations are obtained by subjecting herbal substances to treatments such as extraction, distillation, expression, fractionation, purification, concentration or fermentation include comminuted or powdered. Whole, fragmented or cut plants, plants parts, algae, fungi, lichen in an unprocessed, usually dried form but sometimes fresh were used in the preparations of herbal formulations.
Session 14:Injectable & Oral drug delivery
Injectable drug delivery is considered one of the most effective routes of administration due to the speed and effectiveness of delivery to the target, as well as the improved patient experience. The global injectable drug delivery market continues to grow and technology is advancing. Oral drug delivery (ODD) is the most preferred and convenient route of drug administration due to high patient compliance, cost-effectiveness, least sterility constraints, flexibility in the design of dosage form and ease of production. From: Nanostructures for Oral Medicine
Session 15:Pharmacovigilance and drug safety
Pharmacovigilance is the science of collecting, monitoring, researching, assessing, and evaluating information from healthcare providers and patients on the adverse effects of the prescription medicines, over the counter medicines, vaccines and biologicals, blood products, medical devices, herbals and other traditional . Pharmacovigilance involves the collection of data on Adverse Reactions which must then be analysed and evaluated to create meaningful safety information. Signal detection in Pharmacovigilance involves looking at the adverse reaction data for patterns that suggest new safety information.
Polymers have played an integral role in the advancement of drug delivery technology by providing controlled release of therapeutic agents in constant doses over long periods, cyclic dosage release of both hydrophilic and hydrophobic drugs Polyethylene glycol (PEG) is widely utilized in drug delivery and nanotechnology due to its reported “stealth” properties and biocompatibility. It is generally thought that PEGylation allows particulate delivery systems and biomaterials to evade the immune system and thereby prolong circulation lifetimes.
Session 17:Business Opportunities in Drug Delivery
The global market for Business Development of Drug Delivery Technology in 2010 was $131.6 billion and is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5% and reach nearly $175.6 billion by 2016. The U.S constituted approximately 59% of the total drug delivery market in 2010 and was $78 billion. It is forecast to reach nearly $103 billion in 2016 at a CAGR of 4.7%. Europe contributed about 27% of the total drug delivery market in 2010 and was $36 billion and is expected to grow to $49 billion by 2016 at a CAGR of 5.6% in 2013, Drug Delivery Global market reached $150.3 billion, according to BCC research. This was an increase from $142 billion the previous year. Given its predicted annual growth the market represents a considerable business opportunity, which has been reflected in increasing number of drug delivery specialists. Consistent quality and competitive costs of product improves Production performance and continuity of supply and Product and technology auditing and due diligence with minimizing Regulatory Issues, quality control, and business development Business opportunities in drug delivery.
Session 18: Drug Discovery
Drug discovery is an inventive process of Medication discovered by biological target which involves the interaction of various disciplines leading to the invention of potent drug entities. The drug is most activates and inhibits the function of a biomolecule which in turn results in a therapeutic benefit to the patient. The process involves various branches of pharmacology coalesce with biotechnology, bioinformatics, molecular biology, nanotechnology and biochemistry that ultimately leads to the production of molecules of therapeutic value. The global market for drug discovery technologies has reached nearly $39.5 billion in 2013 and $46.5 billion in 2014, respectively. This market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.3% to nearly $79.5 billion for the period 2014-2019. Developing a new drug is a tedious & expensive undertaking, despite promising discoveries and multibillion-dollar investments for new drug development is quietly undergoing crisis. Currently, all existing therapies together hit only about 400 different drug targets.
Drug delivery conference will discuss effective Drug formulation and drug delivery technologies for enhancing solubility and drug delivery. Drug delivery and formulation congress 2020 aims to aggregate leading experts from around the world who will discuss on drug delivery and formulation show how they are developing poorly soluble drugs into scientifically sound, patient-centric drug formulations, and reducing their product development timelines The major factors that are driving growth in the European drug delivery system market are technological advancements promoting the development of NDDS and the rising need for controlled release of drug.
• Europe Drug Delivery Market is the second largest revenue pocket for the global drug delivery devices manufacturers with 29.9% market share in 2016. This market is expected to reach USD 536.1 billion by 2024 from USD 305.5 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 7.3% in the forecast period 2017 to 2024. The new market report contains data for historic years 2014 & 2015, the base year of calculation is 2016 and the forecast period is 2017 to 2024.
• The global market for pharmaceutical Formulations was $70.1 billion in 2017 and $68.9 billion in 2019and this market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% from 2013 to 2018 and reach $77.1 billion by 2018 and the global advanced drug delivery market should grow from roughly $178.8 billion in 2015 to nearly $227.3 billion by 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9%.The major attraction includes Liberty Bell, Franklin Institute, Eastern State Penitentiary, Barnes foundation and many more.
• The global pharmaceutical excipients market is projected to reach USD 8.1 Billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 6.1% in the forecast period 2016 to 2021. The rising demand for new drug delivery systems, greater understanding of the functional benefits of excipients, growing pharmaceutical industry, and patent expiries of several blockbuster drugs are positively impacting the overall growth of the market.
• The drug delivery technology market is projected to reach USD1,694.7 2023 from USD 1,2,44.4 billion in 2018 at a CAGR of 6.4%
• Market growth is attributed to factors such as the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, technological advancements, new product launch growth in the biologics market, In addition to this factors like funding initiatives for drug delivery research and increasing Self -awareness regarding health are also expected to fuel market growth in the coming years.
Planning a trip to Edinburgh?? Attend our Meeting!!!
Issue with VISA??
To support the participants in his/her VISA application process, we issue each participant with VISA support documents. The documents are as follows,
- The official letter of INVITATION
- The official letter of the abstract acceptance
- The receipt of the payment
- Visa covering Letter
Points to be noted:
- Visa Support Letter (the official letter of invitation) will be issued only after you have successfully registered and paid for your conference
- Visa Support Letters can be issued only for the person accepted to attend the conference.
- Visa Support Letters will be issued only via email in PDF format
Please contact the Program Manager,
Ms. Shirley Wilbur via Drugdeliveryinfo2020@gmail.com to arrange for a Visa Support Letter.
Kindly provide us with the following to provide you with VISA SUPPORT LETTERS
- Your name as appears on your passport
- Your Passport Scan Copy
- And, Abstract Acceptance letter for Presenters
One can make the payment through the following Payment Methods:
Please Note: Candidate can contact via Drugdeliveryinfo2020@gmail.com , if he/she couldn't able to make the online payment. The team of Drug delivery 2020 will provide INVOICE for the price requested with which he/she can make bank to bank transfer easily
Young Scientist Awards and benefits
- Young Scientist Award Recognition International accredited certificate.
- Two researchers will be chosen for the Awards and honored with memento
- Our gatherings give best Platform to your research through oral introductions.
- Learn about profession improvement with all the most recent innovations by systems administration.
- Platform for coordinated effort among youthful analysts for better advancement.
- Provide an opportunity for research interaction and established senior investigators across the globe in the field of pharma
- Share the thoughts with both prominent specialists and Mentors
- It's an incredible benefit for youthful specialists to find out about the research zones for extending their exploration knowledge.
- The best Young Scientist Award introduction will be named by the board and in the event that they wish to convey the full-length paper, they can appropriate in supporting in the international journals of the respective event at free of preparing charges